Friday, April 6, 2012


Who knew TTC would be so hard? Not me. We were taught that pregnancy can happen any time..  Ha! Oh how I wish I could get a refund for all the months of BCP's.

I have always wanted to be a mother and always hoped that one day I would be luck enough to find a wonderful man to start a family with. I have been so blessed to have found my husband Wes. He is the sweetest most wonderful person. I love him more than anything and the best part about it is that I know he feels the same about me. He's my soul mate. Unconditional love is hard to find and I am one of the lucky one's... I've found it:)

We met in 2003 at a wedding.  Married 4 years later. 

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage.... 
We have the first two of the above completed.. The baby part.. not yet!  But hopefully soon:)

 Here is a short synopsys of my TTC road (still being traveled)


May 2010: Stop BCP's - No period for 5 months


Sept 2010: Failed Provera challenge to try and induce a bleed.


Oct 2010: Failed Provera challege AGAIN


November: Trid clomid.... Bleed 25 days later, did not ovulate


January: Clomid attempt #2. did not ovulate again, did not get period.


February: Clomid attempt #3: did not ovulate: bled 20ish days later


March 2011: Went to RE at Wisconsin Fertility Institute. Tried Femera, u/s 12 days later. 2 small follies growing. added more femera. 1 follie at 20mm. Triggered. and Timed Intercourse BFN


April 2011: Femera again. No follies grew. Doctor wanted me to wait until I finished training for my 1/2 marathon before proceeding to try another cycle. I was really hesitant to wait to do this but did it any way.


Stopped running and limit exercise.


May 2011: Femera + Follistim: 2 x 16mm follies. Triggered + Timed Intercourse BFN


June 2011: Decided to try Generations Fertility Institute for a month. Femera + Menopur (2 days). No follies grew. Moved me to Follistim... upped me to about 200iu and overstimmed... 40follies were growing! They CANCELLED my cycle. would not move me to IVF. So I switched back to WFI.


July: Decided to move to IVF.


July 2011: BCP's. for IVF


August /September 2011: Egg retrieval 20 eggs. 18 mature. 18 fertilized. 10 froze.


Canceled cycled due to server OHSS


October 2011: FET1 3 x 2mg estrodiol pills. lining at day 15 = 7.9 mm - BFN


FET#2: lining check = 6mm. added e2 patches. lining did not have triple stripe cancelled.


Moved to e2 Injects. FET#2 Dec 2011 BFP!!! Betas doubled beautifully.


u/s at 6weeks showed slow hb.


Jan 2011: D and C


March 2012


FET#3: 1st lining Prep poor lining. Had to shed lining. Cancelled


FET#3: lining prep = gret lining 10mm! BFN


Was I too stressed, depressed, exercising too much, who knows. The outcome was a BFN.


March/April 2012


Cycle agenda: Letrozole +Menopur (1 vial) +TI


CD12: Lining 8mm and 0 follies growing... did I ovulate. Nope! Progesterone = 0.48


4 more days of Menopur (1.5vials) = 10mm lining (pretty), no follies, and did not ovulate. Perfect lining for a FET so that is what we are going to do...


FET transfer on April 9th. Will transfer 2 of my last 4 frozen babies.

How do I feel?: Scared, helpless, excited, worried, nervous

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    I'd love to be able to follow your blog. Can you add the 'following' function so I can sign up? If you'd rather not have followers, I totally understand but I wanted to throw it out there. : )
    Good luck on your journey with IF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sams! I would love if you followed. I had no idea I did not have that function setup. I will figure out how to do that today:) Thanks for letting me know! xo

      Delete