Saturday, April 7, 2012

31 and counting


Last Tuesday was my 31st birthday. It's interesting how we associate so much with age. My husband always tells me, "you are as old as you think you are". Well, I like to believe this for the most part. Sure, I don't 'feel' 31, nor do I feel 21. It's hard turning a whole year older knowing that on my 30th birthday I was struggling with the same TTC issues. A full year is a long time. However, we did start TTC soon after my 29th birthday. Anyhow, I have started my 31st year with new hope.  It’s another year of life and I have to live.... not only for me but most importantly for my husband.  He needs his wife.  There is no guarantee that this will be there year my husband and I take home a baby of our own, but I have hope and faith.   

Monday is going to be a good day:)   

Here is a picture my husband took of me with my 31st birthday cake.  I really wanted a cookie cake and the only one’s available at Metcalf’s around 9PM were Easter cakes. 

 .

3 comments:

  1. Hi... here from Allie's blog :) Happy birthday :))... and thinking of you following your transfer :) Sounds like you've been through so much... hoping this is the cycle for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bday cake! And sending you nothing but good thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete