Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Babies on Deck

Yesterday I transferred 2 of my last 4 babies to my nice cozy uterine home.  I was fortunate to have my mom with me this time.  Wes could not take anymore time off work so I asked my mom to come.  She was definitely the next best thing:)  She didn't come into the room where the emby's were transferred but she was there with me for everything else, all the waiting.  I had read a study where a comedian came in after IVF transfers and the success rates just about doubled. She was looking up jokes on her Ipad.   They weren't that funny, nonetheless, they made me laugh and and definitely kept my spirits high.

It was a good day.

P.S.  here is an article about the study:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/jan/13/pregnancy-ivf-comedy-laughter-clown

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting about the comedian. I'm glad your mom could be there to keep things light afterwards.

    I still think it was Wes who was there at the time of conception, after all that was a few months ago :) Mom's just helping the babies snuggle into their new home. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Nico. Should probably change that!

      Delete