Friday, August 3, 2012

My VERY mysterious ovaries! And Converting to IVF


Those burning ovaries I had posted about turned out to be overstimming ovaries… aye yey yey!  Who knew with an AMH of .31 and only 2 antral follicles 10 follies could miraculously appear after only 5 days of menopur.  Doctors were pretty shocked and had no explanation for my over response.  I knew when I saw all those follies that there was no shot at an IUI cycle.  The docs seemed to have hope.  They kept e on almost no medicine, however, those follies had a mind of their own and kept on growing.  I knew my options.  1. Cancel cycle or 2. Convert to IVF.    If I chose option 1 I would most definitely have cysts and be out of the TTC game for who knows how long.  So, I chose option number 2….  Converting to IVF.  

We were hoping that the two dominant follicles would take off on their own and the others would retract (does that really ever happen???), however, on my scan last Saturday showed a perfect IVF scan.  10 mature follies around 16/17mm and a bunch of smaller ones.  My estrogen was still fairly low, around 1200, so I felt good that I would not get OHSS this time around.  They wanted the larger follies to get just a wee bit bigger before triggering.  Monday ended up being my trigger day.  And Wednesday was my retrieval.  They retrieved 11 eggs.  And 9 definitely fertilized naturally.  There is one egg that they were waiting to see what it would do.  I should find out today what is going on with that egg.   If OHSS stay away I am scheduled for a Monday transfer.  

2 comments:

  1. eeeeeek! Hope the OHSS is still at bay, only 1.5 days until transfer!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. its sounds crazy but i think that is a VERY positive sign. here's reason to hope: it maybe hearsay, but my RE nurse said every patient of hers that got OHSS ended up pregnant. Including me :) i'm still suffering @ 8w with an ovary the size of a softball (11cm) but no complaints here! good luck, stay positive, and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete