Monday, August 6, 2012

Transfer day


Many thanks to al of you that have called and texted, emailed me yesterday and today!  I am so thankful to have your support:) MWAH! Today went well. I got to the clinic at 11AM.  They had me in a gown and ready to roll right at 11:30 on the dot!  Dr L came in and talked to me and DH about our embryo’s.  He said that my embryo’s were “gorgeous” and that he rarely says that to anyone. Very nice to hear but still hard to get super excited. I’ll believe it when a viable embryo finally sticks to my uterus.  Dr L convinced us to proceed with a Single Egg Transfer.  I was definitely going in there thinking we would transfer two but he really thought we are good candidates for transferring one.  In a way I have secretly want twins but will listen to the doctor and re-evaluate if need be.
So out of the 11 retrieved 10 mature fertilized.  There was one they thought would not survive but ended up doing great, however we lost one hat they thought was doing well.  There is one embryo hanging out for one more day.  So the total definite freeze count is 7 – woohoo! 
For the rest of the day today I am laying low, watching the Olympics, snuggling with Fifi on the couch (first time she has been allowed on the couch – shhhh:). 
One thing I need to mention is that I have finally told my whole family about IVF.  And, of course, they have all been super supportive.  I don’t know why I felt like I should hide my issues from them before.  It is such a relief that they know and I have them cheering me on too. 
HCG Beta is not until the 15th – boo!  Don’t plan on testing either.  I am going to Chicago on Thursday.  My brother, sister and law and my nephews are flying in from San Diego for the week to visit my parents.  I thought this was a great opportunity to see them, in addition they will keep me distracted from the dreaded pee sticks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi from cyclesisters..... we has the same transfer day, and also have the same beta day! Good luck to the both of US!

    ReplyDelete