Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 lines


I had a hunch something was brewing.  I have started to have weird food aversions and just felt off.  Last night I went to bed at 7.30.  The same time as my 1 year old nephew, pathetic, right?  I bought HPT’s last night in case I wanted to test in the morning.  A wise friend of mine (Nico) told me to hold off and I really did think I was going to…    Woke up bright and early and had breakfast with my nephews, played with them for a while.  At this point I had probably peed at least twice already. 



I started getting my carry-on suitcase packed.  My flight back to NYC was in a few hours.  To minimize space in my tiny roll-on bag I unpackaged the goods I purchased in Chicago b/c they are about half the price there than in NYC (razors, bars of soap, protein bars, etc).  As I was taking the FRERs out of their box I realized I had to pee and the packaging basically opened itself and the stick followed me to the toilet.  I told myself I would not be upset if it was a BFN b/c it was the 3rd pee of the day  on only 6dp5dt.  So I couldn’t be super upset that I tested. 



I had a hard time looking at it at first.  The control line popped up very fast.  I looked away for a few seconds.  As I was looking back I started saying to the test out loud, “come on, come on”.  It really looked like a ‘ghost line and before I ripped open the test as most of us have done at some point, the 2nd line became much clearer.  I IMMEDIATELY ran and called DH….  He guessed it as soon as I called.  It was really cute. 



I am super apprehensive and will not get overjoyed until a doubling beta and a good strong heartbeat.  I am content that I am not allergic to pregnancy.  After the m/c and 2 failed FET’s following m/c  I was beginning to wonder.



Thank you all for your prayers and words of support. 

3 comments:

  1. tee hee. Apparently I'm not wise enough for you to listen ;) I completely understand being apprehensive, but the fact that the line was fairly clear at 11dpo is a very good start!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nico - It was the package's fault. It opened itself!

      Delete
  2. Amazing...I agree, a line this early is very good indeed!

    ReplyDelete