Monday, July 2, 2012

Moving to NYC part 1


Hello!

Wowzers.  These past few weeks have been crazy busy!  Moving moving moving.. That’s all we’ve been up to.  We first packed up all our stuff from our home in Madison into a Penske truck and drove that down to my parents house outside of Chicago.    Unloaded what we wanted to take with us to NYC onto an ABF trailer truck (pic attached) and then stored the rest of our stuff in my parents garage.  I drove back with Wes to Madison where we camped out on the floor of our living room to enjoy our last night in our first house.  We had to be out of our house the following day so I spent the day cleaning and making our house spick and span for the new owners.  Saying goodbye to our house was heartbreaking.  Standing on our deck, walking around our back yard, closing that front door for the last time, was so much harder than I ever imagined.  I was in my neighbors driveway re-packing my car before heading back to Chicago and I saw the new owners drive up to our old house for their first time, their kid running up to what I still considered our front door, was just too hard to watch.   Wes had to finish up his last week of work in Madison that week so he stayed with a friend while I stayed with my parents. …

On June 27th we arrived in our new home city of NYC!  Stay tuned with for moving part 2J

No comments:

Post a Comment